Sunday, December 09, 2007

I'm Still Standing

And sleeping, and eating, though not very much these days. Mostly I'm just sitting and stewing.

I'm elbows deep in a final paper that defies all manner of stupidity, redundancy and "learning", even by Tier 2 graduate school standards. I'm stressed, and I'm confused, and I'm trying to remember why I thought it was a good idea to continue my formal education.

Nonetheless, I will not allow this Stereotype Of All Things Bad Professor to wreck my 4.0 GPA, nor will I let a paper undo my resolve. Never mind that "paper" in this sense is far more about formatting and APA guidelines than it is about content (MUST resist the urge to repeat remark about redundant, meaningless education). Never mind that I'm at last excited about Christmas for the first time since I was ten years old, and I can't really do anything about it until this Mammoth Document About Nothing is completed. Let's not even get into what's happened the last 2 weeks re: my emotional (lack of) maturity, my discovery about what kind of Fat Girl I am (it's good news), or the amazing things that are happening at work.

They're all coming, and I'm suffering because I can't write about them. But as soon as the Asinine Paper is written, I have 3 weeks before I begin "Principles of Financial Accounting", plenty of time to clean out the dandruff from my house and do the 8 bazillion errands that must be done prior to December 17 deadline. Again, no time to get into why I chose such an arbitrary and near-t0-impossible date. I'll clean, I'll clear, and I'll write, because man, I need to.

I'll even tell you about Professor Tenure, once I'm able to do it in a way that uses more English than expletives. That could take a while. This was really an exercise in All Things Stupid.

Speaking of stupid, I have to get back to it. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, and I'm thinking of writing, and I'm missing both, but should be back some time later this week. My deadline for the final paper is Wednesday evening, so after a day of soaking my head and showering off the inanity, I should be able to compose a post or two.

See you then. Remember to put 2 nice things for yourself on your To-Do List. No fair scratching them off in the interest of time. As Maria the Spectacular mused yesterday morning: There is no time to do anything you want to do. You must make the time.

Make the time.

A the M(aking the Time, but not for another Week)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home